The Drop in Zone at Croydon Council’s Turnaround Centre is a place for young people to simply turn up and ask for advice and support in a safe and secure environment. The Zone is operated by CAYSH who have been working with young people in Croydon for over thirty years.
The face of Croydon’s Turnaround Centre
The Zone is the entry point to the Turnaround Centre, a purpose built venue that brings together a range of the Council’s and other partners’ services to help ensure young people in Croydon can achieve their potential.
By working together under one roof we are able to offer a one-stop-service that, hopefully, meets your needs quickly and effectively.
Who is the Zone for?
The Zone is for people in Croydon up to the age of 21 - along with their families if appropriate - who want support or advice but are not sure who to ask.
A place that’s by and for young people
Young people are at the heart of the services at the Turnaround Centre. The services are on offer and how the Zone looks is all led by service users and their feedback.
Croydon Council's 'Central Locality' team runs a Youth Forum where you can have a say and be involved in planning the activities and services provided for young people in Croydon. Anyone who uses the Turnaround Centre can join - contact the team on 020 8604 7118 for more information.
Download > CAYSH Drop in Zone leaflet
All under one roof
Other Turnaround Centre services at the Zone:
- CAYSH Housing Advice for single 16-21s
- Croydon Love Your Future - drugs and alcohol advice service for young people
- Croydon Early Intervention Support Service
- NHS Sexual Health Clinic
In addition to all of the services that are available from the Turnaround Centre, young people who are supported by Youth Offending Service and 18 plus care leavers’ service also use the Zone.
CAYSH at the Turnaround Centre
As well as running the Zone, CAYSH provides other services based at the Turnaround Centre. These include:
- Helping young people who are in housing crisis
- Helping young people who feel that they can no longer stay living at home
- CAYSH's Restoring Families project helps young people and their families work through difficulties
- Drop in Zone Advisors assessing the needs of young people who are homeless and need to find accommodation in a hostel or supported housing / lodgings
Getting to the Drop in Zone
Drop in Zone
Croydon Turnaround Centre
51/55 South End
Drop in Zone open hours:
Monday: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Friday: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Telephone 020 8760 5530
Croydon Turnaround Centre is closed on public holidays.